In June 1956, the Winterswijkse Metaalindustrie was founded by Theo and Catarina Pillen. The company moved several times within Winterswijk until Pillen Group moved to Lichtenvoorde in 1965, where the company continued under the name Machinefabriek Th.J.J. Pillen bv.
Due to growth in both production for supply and the production of our own end products, various operating companies have emerged that fall under the ‘Pillen Group’. The 3rd generation of the Pillen family is now also working in the various companies of the Pillen Group.
The first products in metalworking were earth clamps and earth strips for installers. When TV broke through in the Netherlands, antenna masts were also made and associated mounting materials were also produced by Pillen Group.